Share | 

Equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Equipment   Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 15:12

Some of you may have noticed the little quarrel we had about some aa not being shared by the team.

I think that topic is sorted out, but it brought up an idea for a new thread, in wich we can discuss how certain items should be shared among the team.

By discuss i mean argumentation, not just telling people what you think is the best way, but telling them why you think its the best way, so they can find arguments for/against your position.

Little modified example from the aa case:

In my opinion HS needs aa most, followed by dm, who can take ptr for that purpose.
Some may think it would help the team more to give it to high fire rate units, since theres more speed increase by 15% if you start at a higher speed from beginning on.
The total att speed gain would be greater, no doubt, but that doesn't mean the overall use gain for the team is the same.
More speed should be added where it's needed, not where you get the best total speed bonus.
You can't just sum up the total speed gain and use the numbers to determine the greatest use.
I played a lot with HS, and i can tell: every little bit helps.

If you got another opinion about this, and i know some may have, argue!

Let us know what would be a better use for aa, and tell us why!

If you have other items in mind, just post your arguments for its proper usage in here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel

Number of posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 15:45

hey man spop its good you see fun side of it.....lol! thats why i alway say you ok guy lol!.

i say medic should have it coz it help him alot sometimes not alway tho.crit shot for med in sticky time can save himself and other if he was on ress mission. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clansar.high-forums.com
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 23:40

Aye, medic can use it too, but if you play with a good team, there shouldn't be any need for a rezz before the checkpoint mission.

And until that time some ptr should've spawned across the map, and a good nc gets what he demands king

I also think that the slot aa uses up would be filled way better with MGL, XMAR or frags. If theres more space left, no problem.

But like it's always the case, shit can happen and a nc with maxed fire power could be the last hope for the team, so i see your point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
splitopen
Captain

Number of posts : 959

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 23:53

never give flashlight to campers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LetsEatAnApple
Master Sergeant

Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Sat 29 Nov 2008 - 2:53

imo aa is useless for hs cause if ur a good hs player u put the saftey on and fire manual, and in umb (hs is useless in other modes imo) u shoot 1 or 2 shots to kill one squad and u dont need an aa for this. beside that u always use orb and those umbs who are still standig u can pwn then with your big fucking gun. i think other units like ghost or dm can use aa much more than hs.

aa is not only 15% faster shoot, its +9 dmg too which is for hs nothing and for others very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Sat 29 Nov 2008 - 4:15

It's right that most work is done by HS orbs, but there are situations when you can't use orbs, in areas with too many unpredictable obstacles, like the ruin town or some parts of the woods, in the worst case because of a lack of mana.
Rapid fire can be used instead, but it's no good idea to use it when theres some assmen out. You can evade the rockets by jumping, but then your in an area where umbs have vision of you, and i've noticed that there are very often some MGs with umb assmen.
In these situations you need every speed bonus you can get to take down all umb DCs and CEs before they get in frag/cluster range and before some assman targets you.
Also ghost and dm can go out to find themself a ptr for the same purpose. It's easier to spot (except the aa in cache) and i'm not sure, but i think they spawn more frequent than aa.

Maybe you think such situations don't occur often enough to justify the usage of aa by HS. In some games you may be right and it'll never happen and aa would've been more use in someone elses hands, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

Number of posts : 903

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Sat 29 Nov 2008 - 12:20

First of all glad to see you guys can communicate in a proper way too, thanks for that.

I am one of those that like HS (yeah either you like or you hate it). I call for AA cos of the reasons spop listed. In other modes HS isnt useless. Think of a cluster of air units are chasing someone, just call your best friends HS, he ll cleanse air territory immediately with one (hopefully critted) shot. HS is not a cyborg that cant run, he just have the lack of rifle butt but experieced players should be able to handle it.

Beside AA i like to have dskin incase of some unexpected tanking and shitloads of ammo (stacked in a case so i still run fast when im endangered) along with some syringes and some batts, then im happy. bounce

Herbmaster
Lt Colonel

Number of posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Sat 29 Nov 2008 - 15:01

yeah i like to carry few condons with me too incase any1 need it flower just like dragon skin can save life queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clansar.high-forums.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equipment   

Back to top Go down

Equipment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1