Share | 

Jos's guide to flamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JosephN
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 1:47

I've been playing a lot more ua2 atm and I've been playing quite a bit with flamer. And everytime i pick it in pub games, theres always some person that moans about me picking flamer lol! especially in umb mode :wicked:
So i thought i would write a topic on trying to convince some peeps out there that flamer aint so s*** and infact is one of the best MOS's to have in a team :wicked:

So why do I say flamer pwns so much?
Well here can do lots of different useful shit
1) He can tank some of the stronger creeps quite well and I reckon he could tank things like darreus if you got the right team :wicked:
2) He can make his own fuel which is damn useful for the rest of the team if you are pinned down somewhere and can't go ammo hunting
3) He can deal a pretty good amount of dmg plus hes got bonus dmg against the big dudes :wicked:

To my first point some of you may ask how can he tank darrues? simple Razz
Heres the most effective build I've worked out so far
I max energy shield and devotion aura asap!
Items I used:
1) Saline
2) medkit
3) Dskin or iba
4)Flare
5)Bats
6) Lifts

So basically my tanking tactic is to flare the zomb first then run in then let someone smoke and flare you and the zomb then use energy sheild... while taking dmg I use medkit then after I get 50% hp use an SS. Then just before shield runs out I net the big guy if its not air unit (darreus etc) and hop back out of smoke with lifties or jump Twisted Evil And hopefully should come back out with a reasonable amount of hp :wicked: This owns even more when you've got a medic due to the blood transfusion and med kit stacking afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

Number of posts : 903

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 2:36

Nice work jos.

Dont forget about his ability to burn trees. Aim assist is the only item that amplifies his dmg/as, not bad too. Only Con is that you can only pick 2 flamers, would be such fun in a group of 10 napalmboys purging the land..

anti.pro-spray
Sergeant

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:03

Nice mini-guide, makes me want to make one for some MOS Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaxter
Chief Warrant Officer

Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:04

yeah i notised myself the other day.
Why i died were because of a satchell by glenn and a "name-of-chopper-skill-i-dont-remember" by Leg, (still blame envy tough) but thats another story Razz
One thing tough, I did never use my shield! I tought that was auto but noooooooo, i have to acctivate it? What? thats like a thing to learn when (its a good time) to use it. (adds to the guide). And i never been any big fan of short range MoS espessially in umb. Like how do u fight ws umb with flamer? Ok, I have never been any good at umb mode, but with flamer, i would never enter a fight with umb's at choice. Hell, i dont even like scout recon in umb mode Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anti.pro-spray
Sergeant

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:07

Blaxter wrote:
yeah i notised myself the other day.
Why i died were because of a satchell by glenn and a "name-of-chopper-skill-i-dont-remember" by Leg, (still blame envy tough) but thats another story Razz
One thing tough, I did never use my shield! I tought that was auto but noooooooo, i have to acctivate it? What? thats like a thing to learn when (its a good time) to use it. (adds to the guide). And i never been any big fan of short range MoS espessially in umb. Like how do u fight ws umb with flamer? Ok, I have never been any good at umb mode, but with flamer, i would never enter a fight with umb's at choice. Hell, i dont even like scout recon in umb mode Razz

Your playing as the tank, but with a plasma shield/dskin to you can atleast run through a wave of umb and fuel discharge most, playing Suicide Flamer. Most of the time though you should be with the team, when a locust swarm comes, you tank while they shoot, same with Umb. Blood Transfusion/Medkits/Saline Syringes should keep you alive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JosephN
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:17

Quote :
Aim assist is the only item that amplifies his dmg/as,

I personally don't use on flamer as really it doesnt gain flamer a huge advantage its more useful on others chars e.g. HS

Quote :
Blood Transfusion/Medkits/Saline Syringes will keep you alive
:wicked:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jollersmart
Colonel

Number of posts : 1912

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:23

Blaxter wrote:
Why i died were because of a satchell by glenn

That was my satchel! Sad Thought you blamed Glenn cos his orb stopped you from getting out in time or something.

For the topic: your shield didn't trigger automatically? I'm pretty sure the minis shields does though.
Also I wouldn't want it to trigger automatically if say I'm running from the horde waiting for a cooldown or need to get in range of something before tanking them I wouldn't want it activating prematurely cos one zombie gets a lucky hit on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaxter
Chief Warrant Officer

Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:25

might not be too shabby, still think im going to have some issues with that shield tough Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

Number of posts : 903

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:28

Sprint + shield + fuel burst = gg large umb squad. Drugs and a sexy nurse waiting for rambo afterwards.

Just_A_Dude
Major

Number of posts : 1231

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:29

Your talking about glenn aren't you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JosephN
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:45

I agree with joller I prefer the shield being manually activated it just allows you to control when and who you can tank and dodge through Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 4:53

Can't just charge into large umb squads, even with maxed shields you got 1.5 secs until the mgs start rapid on you, plus snipers only need some crits and your umb fodder.

My tactics vs umbs us to use flare/smoke to crowd em up as best as i can, then use mgl/smoke to drive the whole bunch in my direction while at the same time i start to sprint, activate shield and finally fuel the bastards who survived the mgl. that way you dont get that nasty mg fire while charging them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel

Number of posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 4:57

anti.pro-spray wrote:
Nice mini-guide, makes me want to make one for some MOS Razz

you dont need to ask " should you make a guide " just make one if you think you have info to share king we all need more leaning and i am sure your info can or will make a better game play sunny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clansar.high-forums.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jos's guide to flamer   

Back to top Go down

Jos's guide to flamer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1