View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JosephN
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Starcraft 2   Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 23:20

Hey all,
Well as you all know starcraft is reasonably near to being released, 27th July.
So I was thinking we should kind of prepare for the step up to it pale And also try and get as much wc3 time in as possible before people start moving over to sc2 lol!
Anyway, clan SAR will eventually move over to sc2, in good time cyclops And it would be good to see all our current members over there and I'm sure we pick up many new ones too sunny
I recomend you use a similair if not the same account name just to keep things simple, but in the end its up to you affraid
I assume we would still use the same name, SAR, and I guess we meet in channel SAR till the clan would be made Laughing

So if you are planning to move onto sc2 just post here so we could all meet up and get the clan made asap afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just_A_Dude
Major

Number of posts : 1231

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:10

I won't get it since I can't micro for shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just_A_Dude
Major

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:11

Thats whats SC is about. Micro, Micro AND MORE MICRO!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JosephN
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:16

There will be tonnes of custom games, people have already made some in the beta Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:47

As i said in beta thread my graphic card doesnt allow me to start wc3 on my current system. I dont know when i will buy a new one. But i would like to have it, some hours playing the campaigns and then waiting for some good custom maps. I know already that i wont try ladder, just too bad for multi unit control, micro macro whatever...

I dont know how the account thing at starcraft works but those who get it early could make some accounts for those who will get it later.

MSousa
Warrant Officer

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 5:56

I never was a SC guy and i will not buy sc2, i will wait for Diablo III so we will see us in chat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TNT_PIZZA
Gunnery Sergeant

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 7:16

I can't micro macro either but i will learn, I don't think its that hard, you just get used to it Razz My friend got the beta and i can tell it looks awesome, it is awesome, but its not very noob friendly Neutral i played also some fun TD and puzzle games Razz the new map editor is a true beast, i see some people are even creating first/third person shooters Shocked also i'd really like to see zombies games on SC2 Very Happy i heard the DOTD guys are already walking on it cheers so yes i will definitely buy it Exclamation but you won't see me in the first days, i will be on holiday when it will be released Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 9:01

I'll have to buy a new PC before i can play it, so it may take a while until i can join you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WedgeAntilles
Warrant Officer

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 12:11

I think we should try to stay at wc3 for some more time. Ofc you/we can create Clan on SC2, but we have to calculate in members not being able to upgrade so fast. And a split would not be good for the health of the Clan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jollersmart
Colonel

Number of posts : 1912

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 13:13

Not to mention SC2 might not be so great as many seem to think seeing how the races are all pretty much unchanged when it comes to units. The real upgrade is graphics and editor far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just_A_Dude
Major

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 23:56

SC2 Will never be as great as wc3 was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JosephN
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:38

Hmm SC2 customs games will be really good, especially orpgs, I've seen the new GoH system and you won't need to type codes out they will all be saved by game, it also allows for a maximum of 8 chars in your code "bin". There are also loads of other nice things that can make custom games more epic cat
SO if Illidan sticks to his word and makes a ua for sc2 then it will surely be amazinggggggg lol!

I agree with Wedge a divide wouldn't be so good, but it appears that most of our "core" members won't be getting the game till they've either upped their pcs or when people see how awesome it will hopefully be Twisted Evil
I myself won't be getting it for a while as most custom games that I would like to play won't be ready on release date Basketball

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 1:20

You guys can go ahead, play sc2 and when your bored come back and play some wc3 for a change. You can found clan SAR there and we can make a sc2 section on the forums.

Legendel
Major

Number of posts : 1253

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 2:28

Even though I'm not a SC2 guy, I kinda wanna check out ua3 when it comes out.. 4 years after SC2s release =3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Legendel
Jollersmart
Colonel

Number of posts : 1912

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 3:45

JosephN wrote:
SO if Illidan sticks to his word and makes a ua for sc2 then it will surely be amazinggggggg lol!
Funny Jos

I'm curious what zombies will look like though or if he'll import custom units from wc3 or similar.
I sure wouldn't want a bunch of zealots chasing me through town and a giant Ultralisk trying to eat me instead of say zombies and pudges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaxter
Chief Warrant Officer

Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 12:07

planning to get it but i havent preorded it so i doubt i will get it quick, ull know when i got it tough, and im also planning on getting the new xbox so i guess il be spending some quality time on that too:P

Last edited by Blaxter on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 13:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WedgeAntilles
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 12:27

Blaxter wrote:
planning to get it but i havent preorderd it so i doubt i will get it quick, u'll know when i got it tough, and im also planning on getting the new xbox so i guess ill be spending some quality time on that too:P

Dunno why, but i could not resist to correct it. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaxter
Chief Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 13:07

WedgeAntilles wrote:
Blaxter wrote:
planning to get it but i havent preorderd it so i doubt i will get it quick, u'll know when i got it tough, and im also planning on getting the new xbox so i guess ill be spending some quality time on that too:P

because it were i who wrote it? Oo that wasnt to hard was it?Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WedgeAntilles
Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 1:06

Blaxter wrote:
WedgeAntilles wrote:
Blaxter wrote:

because it were i who wrote it? Oo that wasnt to hard was it?Razz

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 21:03

Soooo.. who has it already and what do you like/dislike about it?

Share some experience from outer space. Over and out.

Just_A_Dude
Major

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 22:52

If I am to get it I need a better computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaxter
Chief Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 2 Aug 2010 - 0:33

Admin wrote:
Soooo.. who has it already and what do you like/dislike about it?

Share some experience from outer space. Over and out.

This is fail commander first class responding.
(note: i have not completed the campagin while typing this)

The campain/strategy game is like any other, not Blaxter friendly. But there are sevral improvments to both campagin and multiplayer.
And there are many new units and their skills have a more important role than before, atleast i think so.

Campagin:
The whole campagin is more alive, by that i mean, its not a stiff storyline like the original SC, were u do one misson and go over to the next. In SC2 u get to chose between 2 missions and after every mission u get a reward in credits who u can use to upgrade units, struktures or buy merc's, in your ship, Hyperion.

Some of u might have heard that Hyperion have simularities to Mass Effect's "Normandy", but thats not how i see it, in SC2's Hyperion u move by klicking buttons, not by moving a char. In the ship however, u can talk to ppl, watch the news, look at things witch Raynor have accuired. Most have something to do with the story (atleast the ppl and the news).

In almost every misson there are some artifacts/creatures u must kill/bone's from the Prothos or Zergs. These are used to gain knowlage about the different spicies and u obtain some new tech at enought knowlage point.
There are 29 missions, and im pretty shure if u play trought it one time, then start over, u will either have more or less problems completing it depending on what u have developed and how u use it. Most missions u get a new unit whom is good in the current misson, and most missons are quite different.
All over im pretty impressed and it's fun and quite the challange (i've been playing on brutal BTW).

Multiplayer: '
I have barely played it, but i do know this: there is no clan system, there are different league's according to your level and im going to play little of it... Why? i still sux at strategy games:P Oh, and i dont know if they are going to keep it like that, but there are only EU, USA or Asian games, according to were u whant to play. That SUX (see Glenns post for more info)

Custom maps and map making:
As previoursly said; the map maker seems to have quite some arsenal and potensial, there is no reason to think there are going to be bad custom games in time to come.
I have tried some but they generaly sux atm so no rush if u just want to play custom games:P

And for whom is playing starcraft that i know of, EasyFrag (Remedy) T0rti11a (as himself)

Last edited by Blaxter on Tue 3 Aug 2010 - 4:38; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Glenn
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 347

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 2 Aug 2010 - 1:58

Yeah, SC2 is awesome Razz . I can't add much to Blaxter's story about the campaign. I finished it on casual the first 2 days (wanted to get the storyline good and fast first). Then I started to play for the achievements you can get at the missions. They are quite varied, like completing the mission before a timelimit has been reached or destroying certain things. The cinematics between the missions are just like a little movie if you have the quality on ultra.

The multiplayer is quite fun also. First you need to play 5 placement matches to determine your league placement. The league you get is decided on your wins/losses after these 5 matches. This makes it that you get into a league with players of the same skill.

They have taken over the portrait (pics) system of wc3 (10 wins with protoss give you zealot pic). They also got portraits for other achievements, like completing campaign and other prescribed conditions.

The chat channels have disappeared though. If you want to chat with a group, you have to invite them to a party to talk with all. Maybe they will add the chat channels in the newer SC2 versions that will update battle.net.
They have about 5-10 custom games now I've seen, but I haven't played them yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vailoor
Gunnery Sergeant

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 2 Aug 2010 - 10:51

hmmm thinking about my 2x 1.8 processor....and 1 other thing....i need to get sc2 Abroad.there is no sc2 in poland yet D: and if there would be, it will cost(in euro for example)like...(changing vault :O) 60 euro? hmm seen on some page that is possible to buy it for 44 (or something like that).Knus told me it can be for 40-50 euro in ger cheers...OH BTW is there possible to change leangue of SC2 IN game?(don't want sc or any other games in deuth) What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Glenn
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 347

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   Mon 2 Aug 2010 - 12:47

I suppose you mean with 'leangue' language. looked through the options but can't find anything about changing the language. I bought my game in Holland and the game is in english, but games here are almost always in english Razz .
Got mine for 90 euro (collecter's edition), but the stand-alone game is around 50 euro here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2   

Back to top Go down

Starcraft 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next